SENIOR PICTURE CHECKLIST
Use this checklist to prep for a senior photo shoot that captures your one-of-a-kind style.
Find Your Style Inspiration
Spend some time gathering style ideas from your favorite magazines, websites, and Pinterest boards …
- Consider which looks you like best. Classic? Rocker? Hipster?
- What colors are you drawn to? Which look great with your eyes, hair, and skin?
- What kinds of outfits just feel like “you”?
Schedule your appointments.
Haircuts, makeup, manicures … whatever touch-ups you’re planning, make sure to get on your stylist’s calendar early.
Create at least 2- 3 basic looks.
You know what type of style you’re after. Now it’s time to bring all the elements together.
The more outfits you bring to your photo shoot, the more options and styling flexibility you’ll have within your session. You’ll want a minimum of 2-3 head-to-toe looks:
- Parent Pleaser - This is the one you know they’ll love showing off for years to come. Think a crisp shirt and great jeans, with nice shoes and classic accessories for a timeless look (Think-something you'd wear to an upscale restaurant)
- Senior's Choice - What’s the most “you” thing you do? Bring along your musical instrument, a paint palette or another object that shows off your most important personal interest. Also, this can be an outfit that is more casual and really allows your personality to shine through!
- Activities - From sports to chess club, your activities make up a big part of your high school experience. Bring a team jersey, dance line costume or favorite debate duds to commemorate your achievements.
tTake Care of Final Details and To-Dos
- Make sure clothes are clean and wrinkle-free. (Drop off items for dry cleaning 1-2 weeks ahead of time.)
- Gather all your shoes, accessories, jewelry, props, styling tools, etc. in one place.
- Double-check your scheduled session time on your email confirmation.
Get Your Beauty Sleep!!
The best way to take great photos is to make sure you’re well rested. Do yourself a favor and get as much sleep as you can the night before your session.
Time to Shine!